Thursday, March 10, 2011

mad libs: online dating edition

on day 1 of being on Ok Cupid, I got 2 messages which were strangely similar - to the point where it made me wonder if there was some sort of online dating "template", for these poor schmucks to fill in the blanks.

take a look:


bizarre? naturally i put my googling skills to work and of course, none other than the blog for VH1's the Pickup Artist has a template for an online message which supposedly has an "80% open rate". yea I opened it alright. i even blogged about it, congrats!

seriously, why do so many guys believe in the pickup artist like he's some dating fairy godmother or something??

2 comments:

  1. hahaha thanks for sharing, chai!! this made my day. silly men. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh, nice. I'll take a lot of poor saps are using this if the two of the first messages you got were off the same template.

    hope you sent those two to school

    ReplyDelete