Monday, February 14, 2011

single, yes - sad, no

I suppose I can’t claim to be a dating blog if I don’t acknowledge Valentine’s Day somehow. so here we go – Happy Valentine’s / Singles’ Awareness Day!

but - I do resent that the love holiday is deemed “S.A.D.” for us singles. our default state, e.g. the way we were born, is single, and we should be happy and content in that state. being in a relationship should deepen that happiness and enrich our lives, but being single should not make us sad. this always makes me think of my friends who are serial monogamists, whose default state is to be in some sort of relationship for the majority of their dating lives, and become lost when they are single because they only know how to function as a two-person entity – now that’s what I think is actually sad.

but back to the point of my post – happy valentine’s day -

if you have a valentine, map your favorite spot together...as for the rest of us, let’s just go beat the crap out of each other at san francisco’s annual valentine’s day pillow fight!!!

tacky, but delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment