Thursday, February 10, 2011

how to avoid dating jerks

I guess it's too late to add to my list of resolutions now, but I definitely should try to stay away from my male co-workers.  I have so far been romantically linked to four, ranging from 2 years below me to 2 years above me.  that's a pretty good spread I suppose...

anyways, these boys had quite a bit in common:

Pros:
  • good looking, each in their own special way 
  • tall...6' +, and anyone who is 6 feet tall has potential to become a 666 one day (just need the 6 pack abs, 6 figure salary...easy)
Cons: 
  • DOUCHEBAG.

yea, they all treated me like crap in their own special way, and another thing they had in common - they all asked me out for drinks.  so this is what I've learned: if a guy sees you as potential, he'll ask you to coffee, lunch, dinner, jogging, whale watching, etc.  

guys might say that asking you out for a drink just takes the edge off, but trust me, nothing good can come out of that drink... or five.

sorry to say it, but that sweet tea won't make him sweet on you

2 comments:

  1. How do I get a guy to ask me out for whale watching??? That's basically a marriage invitation right there...
    ~ Fellow Chai Tea Drinker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of guys think coffee or a drink is a good first date to see if you're worthy of dinner. But I think that upon meeting a woman, a man automatically knows within 15 seconds if he wants to actually date her or just sleep with her. So, if he only wants to take you for drinks and not feed you, I would see that as a red flag!

    ReplyDelete