Friday, April 29, 2011

a week of potential non-boyfriends

last week was kindaaa an exciting week.  I felt a spark with not one, not two, but three new boys - either in conversation or on the dance floor. unfortunately, they all fell into the PNB (potential non-boyfriend) category, for various reasons:

PNB #1:  Met on Friday at a start up party. cute, tall, engineer...and 3 years my junior. called me the next day and asked me to dinner, but also called me a puma at some point in the conversation.

PNB #2: Met on Tuesday in the laundry room - a new neighbor, that is. there's undeniable chemistry between us, and I'm impressed by his artistic talents and sense of humor. but then there's also the kid he had out of wedlock who lives somewhere on the east coast...

PNB #3: Met on Thursday at an alumni networking event. Aerospace engineer, currently in business school...with a couple months of legit modeling on the side. Perfect, you say? Yes, he is. and that's exactly why he's a PNB. in the few hours we were standing in that corner chatting away, i noticed the dirty glares of many girls who were waiting their turn (which never came ;). any guy who has girls chasing after him at a networking event would make an awful boyfriend...not to mention he had a severe case of wanderlust. 

aaand I think I just meet PNB #4...over the phone. I had a "phone date" with someone from OK Cupid tonight. I really thought his voice would be deeper, but he turned out sounding like one of my friends who I feel absolutely no attraction to whatsoever...

well, I still have hope that I'll be blogging about PBs soon enough...

i might think twice about carrying this bag around...at least to start-up parties

2 comments:

  1. hey there

    i too fell at okcupids feet a while ago
    and so now im just mega curious


    how's it been treating you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha well it's provided entertainment value more than anything else, and I'm still not sure how I feel about "shopping" for a boyfriend. definitely seeing quantity over quality on that site though, and the messages I get are pretty well represented by this post.

    met up / talked with a few guys, but really haven't felt the kind of chemistry you get organically. the undertone of romantic interest also makes things awkward when you realize you hit it off - as friends.

    how do you like it?

    ReplyDelete