Tuesday, March 5, 2013

hiatus over.

yes, it's been over a year since my last post, but chai is coming back with a vengeance. (and also switching over to tumblr...until that's all set up I'll be dual-posting, but update your bookmarks!)

so where was I for the last year? let's just say I was preoccupied with some personal projects that didn't go anywhere...but also dating a great guy who just didn't end up being the one. no need for a recap, but I do think he deserves a chai name for dating me the better part of a year - I'll call him VF (venti frap) after his go-to at starbucks.

moving forward. in the last 4 days, I have been on 3 dates. 1 okcupid, 2 coffee meets bagel. there are lots of things to love about the bay area: great weather, great technology, great guys. on paper they were all very impressive, engineers and doctors from great schools doing awesome things.

but in person...

date 1: first impression: cute, tall, put together - yes this could be my type. the date went well and two hours flew by...but by the end it was clear we were in the friend zone - and luckily we were both on the same page. facebook friendship accepted. 

date 2: first impression: way scrawnier than his photo, possibly gay?? even though I felt zero chemistry, he was very interesting and the food was really good. unfortunately, he did not pay. nor did he pour water for me, only for himself. really, you can tell a lot from the small things. our date ended with an extremely awkward cheek-touching hug and I haven’t responded to his email about meeting up again.  

date 3: first impression: oh no, he crosses his legs like a girl. if the last guy was zero chemistry, this guy was a flat line. this doctor could save lives but couldn't revive the conversation. after about an hour of boredom I blamed "work" for cutting things short. he asked if I "am in the area often?" and I said "nope. bye!"

so far, online dating has made me feel like a terrible person. these guys are great!.. for someone else. i'm not sure whether to give up or switch over to the big guns...aka match.com.

1 comment:

  1. And so the search continues... Please keep us updated! :)

    ReplyDelete