Sunday, June 26, 2011

honeymoon's over

i don't think it's any surprise that my poor blog has been neglected for the last 3 weeks while my head was in the clouds hanging out with Breve. we've shared a lot of laughs but I think it's safe to say that the honeymoon is over. I guess all couples hit a point where the blinders come off, and as each reveals more about themself to the other, the faults that were cute before become obvious incompatibilities, and the question emerges: how much compromise (sacrifice) are you willing to make?

Breve has a lot of awesome qualities that I'm looking for - he's super smart and funny, very cute (he's left many broken hearts in the world of nerds), and tall. but there are two big things that stand in the way of him becoming my "boyfriend":
(i'm totally living on the edge here because there is a very real risk that he's going to do some ninja programmer thing and find my blog, but I just can't help myself.)

  1. His age.  In my last post I claimed I'd gotten over this, but there really are some things that can only come with time.  It must also be that all nerds lack social/emotional intelligence to some degree, and Breve exhibits the deficiencies in a way that makes him seem really immature - like having a 30 year old woman take him clothes shopping and refusing to wear sunscreen.
  2. His need for alone time. A lot of it. But he is willing to spend that time with one thing - his computer. I simply don't understand the concept of choosing to spend time in a virtual world over spending time in reality. to be fair everyone gets in that mood where they just want to be alone, but this is a little extreme...i.e. staying up all night just to get enough alone time.
i'm starting to find it hard to take this seriously.  am I just wasting my time?  I still like him a lot but I feel my perception of the relationship evolving.  for now I'll give it a little more time before I start reading through my okcupid inbox again...

nope, not there anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment